We are yacht charter company in Greece, operating in Halkidiki and Sporades islands and we provide daily and multi-day excursions as well as thematic events.
We organize personal and business sailing events in style, having experience in planning team building holidays, company cruises for incentives and rewards and personal sailing trips for unique moments of bachelor parties, honeymoons, birthdays and other special events. The range of services provides a variety of choices and can be as flexible as needed.
The company was created in 2014 by the mood and the dream of two friends, Yannis Melas and Kostas Farmakis (excl. YAKO), who remain owners and friends more than ever. Since then YAKO Sailing is a well- established company, providing high-quality services and is recognized from its audience among the best sailing experience in N. Greece.
Our aim is to offer a different experience and an alternative, interpersonal and integrated way of sea excursions, with personal interaction, while promoting the Greek cultural heritage. By taking part in similar actions and inviting a wider audience to our activities, we want to create an expanded educational and productive framework in the field of maritime tourism. Our goal is to present marine tourism and its side benefits in multiple areas of activity. Our previous awards, participations and collaborations are:
- Co-operation with the Postgraduate Department of Journalism, Communication and Digital Media of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and implementation of a 2-day course in the framework of the Digital Media and Storrytelling in Travel and Tourism real-time project
- Collaboration, seminar briefing and empirical training of the students of the Department of Maritime Tourism of IEK Delta.
- Informative free tours – guided tours to the public, in the area of Thessaloniki.
- Cooperation and provision of know-how, staff and means at sailing schools (Baxevanis Sailing School).
- Creation of consulting seminars for SMEs active in maritime tourism
- Awarded with certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor for 2018 and 2019
- Interreg Mediterranean 4Helix blue growth program winning voucher for the project “UDYSSEA”